Who is a good candidate for Vision Therapy at Home?
Step 1: Symptoms
Our main focus is on symptom reduction for functional vision problems. We want to make life easier for our customers by making visual tasks smooth and effortless, ultimately making things like schoolwork, reading, or sports more successful. Imagine no more of those notorious homework battles!
Take our Symptom Checklist to see if you could benefit from vision therapy.
**This program is not intended for the purpose of improving eyesight, eliminating the need for glasses, eye-alignment, or improvement of visual acuity.**
Step 2: If you have a diagnosis…
You do not need to have a formal diagnosis to do the Vision Therapy at Home program if the Symptoms are present. If you have seen a developmental optometrist, the most common diagnosis this program is designed for is Convergence Insufficiency or Convergence Excess.
While we would love to help everyone, there are several diagnoses that are NOT APPROPRIATE for the Vision Therapy at Home program. These diagnoses require individualized, in-office program and should be seen and treated by a developmental optometrist. These diagnoses include:
- Strabismus – Esotropia, Exotropia, lazy eye, eye turn, hypertropia, hypotropia
- Amblyopia – lazy eye, one eye sees better than the other eye with best glasses or contact lens prescription
- Brain Injury (TBI/ABI) – this includes stroke, head trauma, eye injury, concussions
Step 3: What ages can benefit?
- Ages 3-5: Choose the Visual Development for Preschoolers program
- Ages 6+: Vision Therapy at Home
- Adults: Yes, we can help you too! Adults of all ages can see the benefit of Vision Therapy at Home
Click here for more information about what ages can benefit